Day 5 of 5 in Bootcamp to a New YOU!
Wow, it's time to run this thing home! What could we possibly add on today? Well, let me show you how you can propel toward your goals even more! Three new challenges coming your way!
Exercise Day 5 Challenge:
Our last sneak peek of Hammer and Chisel! My husband and I are finishing the full 60 day program this saturday and can I just say the boy is looking good! I have maintained strength and the workouts have definitely helped me stay energetic and strong, however I am in my 7th month of pregnancy at this point so I'm not the model for being "chiseled" per say! Haaaha. But that wasn't my goal at the start of the program, my goal was to workout 6 days a week and finish every workout I hit play on so I could continue to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Nutrition Day 5 Challenge:
The goal of eating six smaller meals a day versus 2 or 3 big ones actually makes a lot of sense and let me provide you with 3 great reasons why:
1. When you eat more frequently it keeps your metabolism boosted, therefore burning more calories throughout the day.
2. You avoid the huge energy surges and crashes that come between long wait periods of meals. So, the hangry phase where you want to shove everything you see into your face, just all together doesn't happen! Woot! And, if you are super knowledgeable about how to feed your body right, you will implement Shakeology as one of those meal replacements. Shakeology has been clinically proven to stabilize blood glucose levels throughout the day with it's superfoods. Therefore, it prevents those energy surges and crashes in and of itself.
3. By eating more frequently you actually have to plan your day a bit and thus, better choices are inevitably going to be a part of that.
Might I add, if you are feeling overwhelmed with really not know what to eat and what actuallly constitutes a "smaller meal" for you, the 21 Day Fix is amazing! Even as a personal trainer, by going onto the 21 Day Fix program, I was able to tweak my diet and push to new level of fitness. I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. And since that first round, it has trained me to continually eat better month by month. I still use my portion control containers all the time.
Day 5 Mentality Challenge:
Today I would like you to reflect and start journaling on some of those passages you are reading from your personal development, or if something hits you strongly during visualization or during your meditative spiritual session. Record your insights, feelings, goals, inspirtations. My scribing is the most fluid part of my morning. Some days I only have time to scratch down 2 lines. Other mornings a full page. Either way, growth is occurring and something concrete that I can flip back to is recorded.
In conclusion of our Mentality Challenges, this is what my mornings look like and the layout was created by Hal Elrod from his book the Miracle Morning. He describes them as S.A.V.E.R.S.:
1. Silence/Spiritual for 10 minutes. This is where I read my scriptures and pray.
2. Affirmations for 2 minutes. I look in the mirror in my fitness room where I have my affirmations taped on the wall and I tell myself them!
3. Visualization for 2-5 minutes. I close my eyes and see myself vividly where I want to be in 6 months, a year, even two years. The house I want to be in. My kids healthy and playing all around, etc.
4. Exercise for 30-45 minutes. Depending on the Beachbody program I am locked into but 6 days a week I am locked into my fitness goals!
5. Reading for 10 minutes. I pick up my personal development book of choice and dig in. This is one of my favorite parts of my morning.
6. Scribe for 2-10 minutes. Usually last on my list, my kiddos come are usually awake by this point and interrupting. I scratch down my take aways, what I am grateful for, prayers in my heart, anything and everything is ok because this is YOUR journey and YOUR journal! From there my day kicks off into action and I am mentally and physically totally empowered!